PSO - Slowness

• 14 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 10 replies

Hi,

We are currently using FSM6U13, and integration with PSO.

At the moment, we are experiencing some slowness issues with the dataset. We have only one dataset at the moment, with approx. 500 resources, and approx. 10000 tasks at the moment. 

When loading the dataset in the Gantt-view, it may take up to 1 minute before it has finished loading.

Furthermore, when loading the resource screen, it takes forever before the screen is loaded. 

The last issue is when updating the Rota, and another user is updating the rota at the same time, all the changes made has been deleted. This screen is also not very responsive.

So, the question is really, is it best practice for us to have only one dataset, or should it be more beneficial to have several datasets? I read in the Community that you shouldn’t have too many datasets, so I am wondering if that may not be the best solution for us.

When we ran the same operations in FSM5.7, there were no slowness issues like this in PSO.

icon

Best answer by tomgreenwood 29 March 2022, 16:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Simen,

There are many factors to consider with performance so it’s not an easy question to answer without knowing all of the background information, for instance

• how long is the scheduling window? 
  • are you appointment booking
  • which version of PSO are using
  • etc.

To start with I would check out the ‘Data Sizing’ section in the Architecture and Sizing Guide (latest version attached). You can see from that the sizing you have indicated should be schedulable within a single dataset, however depending on the data complexity you may need to make some changes to get the best performance from the system. 

I would also ensure you are on the latest release of PSO (update 9) as there are some performance enhancements for the workbench in that release.

If you are unsure please reach out to IFS for help from a consultant.

Kind Regards

Tom

p.s. the rota issue potentially sounds like a bug, it is designed so that multiple users can work on the same rota at the same time (although this isn’t recommended for practical reasons). So could you please raise a support case if you find the changes being made are being deleted.