• 16 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 10 replies

Hi,

We are using FSM6U13.

In the lobby I have created, I have several elements which is displayed as lists, with navigiation on the request_id, to open the request when clicking on the request_id. 

The users do now want to display this as a counter instead of a list. As far as I can see, it is only posisble to manually create a new search when navigating through the counter element. Is there anyway to use the datasource when navigating from the element to the request screen?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @sinyb 

I am not quite sure about the requirement here. Assume, you are looking for creating a navigation from a counter element?

A reference: Service Manager Lobby

Element:

Data source:

Please let us know, if it answered or send more details to help you.

/Sanjeewa

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Sanjeewa,

You are correct, that is what I’m trying to do. However, I can’t make it work like I want to. I have a dataset which contains some data, and the conditions in the dataset looks like this (Note that # won’t work for us in the conditions, we need to use $ instead). Note that SALES_GRP_D and user_def17 are conditions that the user can change:

And, the element looks like this:

However, when clicking on the element, it opens the search in the request screen like this, instead of having actual values:

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Try $SALES_GRP_D$ and $OWNER$ in your element navigation (below highlighted) instead of #SALES_GRP_D# and #OWNER#

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Thanks, tried this, a little silly mistake to make. When changing that value, the value is passed correctly to the search screen, however, the filtering created in the dataset is not used in the request search. In this example, we had 13 requests in the counter, but over 1000 requests was found in the search screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Reason - DSP_booking_date_expires database view may contains additional conditions. So it filters to 13 records. But Request screen is querying directly from the request table. So, you cannot expect same number of records in those 2 result sets.

/Sanjeewa

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Yes, that was my initial question, if it was possible to use the same conditions in the dataset to filter in the request screen when navigating from the counter.

I guess I’ll have to make it work in another way, thanks for your help.