Question

Issue with Hierarchical Travel Matrix (HTM) Configuration in PSO

• 23 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello everyone,

I followed the provided instructions to install the Hierarchical Travel Matrix (HTM) in PSO. However, when I attempted to test if it is working properly through the compare tab, I only received results from the straight-line distance.
Here are the steps I took after the installation:

1. Created a new HTM connection through the Connections form.
  2. Added "BAL" in the value field for the HierarchicalDatabaseMatrixId parameter.
  3. Entered "Hierarchical Travel Matrix" in the field of the TravelCalculationOption parameter.
  4. Chose the "Straight Line On Error" parameter (I have tested even without this parameter checked).
  5. Enabled the HTM connection.

HTM Connection

Please note that no errors were encountered during the entire process - not even in events.

So, I would like to ask if the above procedure seems correct.
Is there a way to verify if HTM has been configured correctly?

Any insights or guidance

would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi @elenpel !

Did you try sending the corresponding verification file (which is supplied with the HTM installation files)? This should produce information messages inside the Events like this:

Try also restarting all PSO Services after you made the configuration.

Also note if this is an Azure SQL DB that IP Whitelisting for the PSO Servers may be required, depending on your Azure SQL DB Firewall settings.

Best regards
Roman

Badge +3

Hello @roklde,

Thank you for your response! Could you please provide the analytical steps for sending the verification file?

Also, how should I configure the Azure SQL DB Firewall settings?

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

You can input the verification file with the “Import” function available in the Administration Workspace.

The SQL Azure DB Firewall can be configured within the Azure Portal. See also here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/firewall-configure?view=azuresql

Best regards
Roman