Solved

FSM Smart Client Error : Server not responded in past minue

• 5 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are getting the following error frequently in the smart client application after entering the login credentials.

Error: Server has not responded in the past minutes.

Kindly may i know the reason for the above error.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 13 October 2020, 10:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @TatKhandM,

There are a number of reasons that you may get this error. The most likely is that the app server is currently under intense strain. You would need to check the performance of the server to see if it is capping out on available memory and/or processing power at the time the error occurs. If it is you would then need to identify the process that is causing this to spike. This may or may not be FSM itself and would require having your infrastructure support team to investigate. If you are on IFS Server Management, this should be raised as a case for them to look into.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Lee Pinchbeck,

As you said we are facing the issue when the CPU utilization in the server reaches to 70 - 100%.

We observed that FSM application worker process is using the maximum cpu.

Is it possible to find the process that has caused the maximum memory from the server log ?

If it is possible what fields & values do i need to check in the server log?

Thanks & Regards,

Murali

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @TatKhandM,

There have been a few articles on the Community regarding FSM performance, mobile sync efficiency and other guidance on improvements so I would strongly encourage a search of the existing materials to see what may apply to your situation.

For a start there is the below article:

https://community.ifs.com/service-fsm-touch-apps-document-management-mwo-mro-pso-43/fsm-performance-tuning-394

I would also advise turning of the activity feed if it is on and not being used or looking at tweaking what is being displayed there is if it is required as this is an area that can be quite intensive on the CPU.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck