Question

Error: Only users with Administrator Rights have access to this Operation

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

A user has added a document to a Work Order, that we need to have removed. The user added it through the Mobile Work Order system. 

Error when trying to remove it from Document Revision > Objects is:  Only Users with Admin Rights have access to this operation.

Doc Class = FS TECH SCAN

Doc Basic details on this Doc Class

• Default Object Access Levels was only set to View Access. I changed it to both Admin & Edit access, this did not allow me (an Admin) to delete the document
  •  FS TECH SCAN’s only Access Group assigned does not include my group. When I tried to add another group, I get the same error.

Can someone point me in the direction of steps needed to be updated so an admin can delete this document by a user.

Thanks

Hayley

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HAYLEY.WILLIAMS ,

Please check the access tab of the document revision and check the access there (I cannot show you on IFS9, but in IFS10). Only users with admin access can change this access. 

In the tab result, you can check what the result is per user (based on the definition).

But the easiest way is to grant a user Document Access via the permission set (this is also shown in the result tab per document revision. If you are granted to this permission set, the user is document administrator on all Document revisions, so be carefull granting this.

Please also check the online documentation (press F1 from IFS IEE in the window document revision), you can find a lot information there as well.

good luck,

Robert Kool

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks @EqeRobertK,

I did look in the Access tab of the Document Revision, but am not seeing the plus button, as you are, so I’ll investigating why.  As well as checked my access for Document Issue Access, and it looks granted. Will continue to review this too.  When I reviewed the online documentation, I didn’t find anything about “removing” a document. I will continue to search as well.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HAYLEY.WILLIAMS ,

The document class access is not easy to understand. To make sure you have doc admin acces, you need the following checkbox selected in the permission set you are assigned to:

When you have this, you will be administrator to all document revisions. Then you should be able to delete them. 

Note, in case that there is a file conneced to it, delete that file first See tab File Refs. Also delete the connection (see tab Objects). When those two tabs are empty, you should set the status to obsolete and then you can delete the record.

Hope this helps!