Question

Change the default Document Attach pop-up

• 14 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The default action opens the following New Document window when a document needs to attached(ex: Shop Order page).

However if more information needs to be added at the time of attaching the document, the Create Document Assistant can be used.

It is possible to set the default action to open the Create Document Assistant instead of the New Document pop-up.

Set the values accordingly in 
Document Management > Basic Data > Document Default Values

1. Default action to open Create Document

DB Column = ATTACH_CREATE_NEW_FORM
Document Default Values = Create New Document

1. Default action to open Create Document Assistant

Document Default Values = Create Document Assistant

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Buddhika Kurera ,

Thanks, always good to have information like this.

Is there already an idea at IFS to make it possible to have a default per connection?

So when I want to add a document to a work order, that the Create New Document wizard is opened.

But when I create a document to a supplier, that the Create Document Assistant is opened.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Buddhika Kurera 

Thanks for this post. All the document default values are listed in this page in our documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r2/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutDocumentDefaultValues.htm?StandAlone=true

@EqeRobertK 

I think what you are talking about would be to extend "Document Defaults per Object", documented here:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r2/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutDocumentDefaultsperObject.htm?StandAlone=true

Assuming that's what you mean, and to answer your question, the answer is no, it's not possible to control which dialog/page/assistant that will open when creating new documents, per object type/LU/entity name today.

If you think this is something that would add a lot of benefit customers, I suggest you create an idea about it in the Ideas section here on IFS Community. Please include as much details as you can, especially around the use cases and why controlling the dialog used is important per object.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Mathias Dahl Thank you for the info.

For the completeness I am adding the third option to the post.

Default action to open Create Documents, this could be helpful when multiple documents need to be attached.

Document Default Values = Create Documents