Question

Exporting a View with Custom Fields

• 17 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to export SRV_REQUEST_CFV using the procedure FNDMIG_EXPORT and when I execute it, it returns an empty file.  I have one record that I have entered into the table, but it is not pulling it.  Any ideas?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

If I understood your requirements, to export data from a view to a file via the legacy data migration tool, you should create a new migration job of type CREATE_OUTPUT_FILE.  Then define the columns you wish to export in File Mapping.

Thanks, but it still isn’t working.  No errors, but not rows are exported either.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

what is the end goal regarding your data?

• You could use Quick reports to list your values based on a query? (And then export all columns)
  • you could create an excell migration job and load the data like that? 
    • Not the easiest to setup but once you get it, its quite nice to use for quick data loading.

I would say, it depends a bit on your end goal of what you would like to do with the data?

The end goal is to be able to export several views that contain configuration data from one environment and import it into another environment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks, but it still isn’t working.  No errors, but not rows are exported either.

Don't forget to give the columns positions in the ‘File Mapping’  tab. In the ‘Rules’ you can also enable a file header to export column names.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I would give the excel migration a try as well. 

On TEST

• Create an excel migration job for your SRV_REQUEST_CFV view
  • Grant the right projection to a permission set for your  user for the excel migration job
  • Download the manifest file
  • create an online excell file, insert , addin and upload the manifest for TEST
  • Login, search for your view and load

On PROD

• Use the exact same procedure
  • Open a new excell file
  • Load the manifest file
  • Copy paste the data from one sheet to another

Some issues with this

• You cannot export/import Excel migration jobs it seems
  • Do not forget to set your permissions for your user.
  • Be carefull to not upload the wrong data to the wrong platform.
  • You will not see a full line by line error log, but if it comes from a TEST system it sort of should work.