• 20 December 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

Can IFS handle below scenario? 

A puchased package parts, on purchase order line, enter only the top package part no, then system will auto fill all the children parts into the purchase order line 

or

system will take care all the children parts as what it does for Sales Package Part?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Mikko K. 21 December 2023, 11:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ronhu,

sorry to say, but currently there does not seem to exist a solution to this requirement.

Some workarounds do exist and have been discussed here in the Community.

Depending on your existing solution the workarounds may or may not be useful, as configured parts are involved, but maybe they are worth looking into?

https://community.ifs.com/products-manufacturing-products-engineering-40/configured-part-on-a-manual-purchase-order-15602

https://community.ifs.com/products-manufacturing-products-engineering-40/workround-for-purchasing-a-configured-part-14493

https://community.ifs.com/buying-procurement-demand-planner-asc-srm-41/creating-purchase-structure-for-configurable-part-21422?tid=21422&fid=41

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

(I admit I have not checked the links stated in the reply by Mikko)

You could use the purchase order templates to some extent. 

When adding the purchase order lines, you can select to add all lines in the template, which corresponds to child parts of the package.

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

(I admit I have not checked the links stated in the reply by Mikko)

You could use the purchase order templates to some extent. 

When adding the purchase order lines, you can select to add all lines in the template, which corresponds to child parts of the package.

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Though both scenarios require some setup, using Purchase Order Templates as suggested by @AsankaGaru is by far the simpler and easier way to simulate the requirement especially if the requirement involves a large number of individual purchase order lines.

Screen capture is from IFS Cloud, but it’s worth mentioning, since @ronhu did not specify the IFS version in question, that in versions predating Cloud the created templates can be found from My Administration > Templates and created/used directly from the Purchase Order screen. 

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AsankaGaru 

@Mikko K. 

Thank you. I think it is a wonderful idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AsankaGaru Thank you again.

We are on APP10, UPD9

Wondering how you make the entry for the example Purchase Order Template you attached.  When I am trying to select all the rows to add them into a template, the RMB option “Save as Template” is not enabled. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AsankaGaru 

I can only add one purchase part line into the template. the template records cannot be appended. in other words, if you would like to add a new purchase part line, the previous template would be overridden. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I am afraid the ‘purchase order template’ option I have shown is something available in IFSCloud.

I do not think you can use the APP10’s standard object template (my administration/templates) option in place of Cloud’s purchase order templates as the object templates are saved as individual lines as you have pointed. Maybe Mikko can guide us here?

Thanks

Asanka

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AsankaGaru I agree, Cloud might have enhancement in this area.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

I am afraid the ‘purchase order template’ option I have shown is something available in IFSCloud.

I do not think you can use the APP10’s standard object template (my administration/templates) option in place of Cloud’s purchase order templates as the object templates are saved as individual lines as you have pointed. Maybe Mikko can guide us here?

Thanks

Asanka

Hi again @ronhu ,

it looks like I jumped the gun a bit. The Template functionality has been upgraded through APP10 UPD8 but it requires the Aurena interface and isnt’t available via IEE.

So via Aurena a user can create a “complete“ purchase order template including both header and lines, just like @AsankaGaru  had screen captured. Then a new PO can be created from scratch using a Purchase Order Template or new lines can be added to an existing PO via the same means.

Ok, back to the beginning: so there’s no way purchase package parts to populate a large number of lines from a single part source.

Since I trust this requirement originates from the need to make daily purchasing operations smoother by creating Purchase Orders with large numbers of lines more quickly, what I would then look into would be saved searches.

You could clump together any number of POs as a saved search and give the saved search any name that suites the need.

Choose the correct PO from the saved search and from the header use “Copy Order” to create a copy of the header and lines alike. Would that work?

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mikko K. like your answer. 

@AsankaGaru also, thank you for your input.