Question

Cancel PO connected to a Work Order?

• 27 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We have a PO connected to a work order we are trying to cancel but receive a message that the peggings must be removed first.  From looking through the topics in the knowledge center it seems this can be done through the materials tab of the work task by RMB and selecting manual peggings.  The problem is that I don’t see the manual peggings option when I RMB, any ideas why that might be or what other options we have?

5 replies

Badge +2

I am not an expert but I just want to say that It's possible that the manual peggings option is not available in your particular version of the software or that it has been disabled or customized by your organization. In this case, you may need to try a different approach to remove the peggings before canceling the work order.

One option is to try removing the peggings from the PO itself. This can be done by accessing the purchase order in question and removing the link to the work order. Once the link has been removed, you should be able to cancel the work order without encountering any errors.

If that doesn't work, another option is to cancel the PO first, then cancel the work order. This can be done by accessing the purchase order and selecting the option to cancel it. Once the PO has been canceled, you should be able to cancel the work order without any issues. TellCulvers Survey

If neither of these options work, it may be necessary to contact your software provider or IT department for further assistance in resolving the issue. They may be able to provide additional guidance or make changes to your system configuration to allow you to remove the peggings and cancel the work order.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately the PO can’t be cancelled due to the peggings.  We receive an error when attempting to cancel that there are existing peggings and that it can’t be cancelled.  Also, I’m the resident IT guy and sys admin so that option obviously isn’t too great for us.  We don’t have any customizations in place to hide the options and I can’t find any permissions issues that would be hiding the pegging options from the users.  I may have to open a ticket with IFS, that’s not my favorite path since that’s usually a long and tedious experience but that may be our only option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @scottjriley ,

So you do not see this RMB?

Then maybe you can find this window from teh navigator:

From here you should be able to open teh manual pegging as well.

If that is also not available, I think it is related to the premission set of you user.

Hope this helps you out.

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Robert, thank you for the information.  Unfortunately we don’t see the Manual Pegging option on RMB.  I have checked everything I can think of in the permission sets related to pegging and given permission to those DB objects related to pegging but still no success.  I did find the Pegged Work Order Material Lines screen a couple of weeks ago but there are no options on it to adjust the peggings.  Is there any way out could start your debugger and run that manual pegging step then send me the package/procedure that’s ran?  That would help me track down which database objects to start targeting for permissions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Robert, thank you for the information.  Unfortunately we don’t see the Manual Pegging option on RMB.  I have checked everything I can think of in the permission sets related to pegging and given permission to those DB objects related to pegging but still no success.  I did find the Pegged Work Order Material Lines screen a couple of weeks ago but there are no options on it to adjust the peggings.  Is there any way out could start your debugger and run that manual pegging step then send me the package/procedure that’s ran?  That would help me track down which database objects to start targeting for permissions.

Maybe this can help you out:

Do you not have the possibility to test this with the user IFSAPP? If so, then you can debug it also yourself.

Good luck,

Robert