Question

Oil and Gas extension, Purchase order receipt in IFS Cloud

• 4 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 10 replies

Hi,

In Oil and Gas extension in App10 and prior, we have a functionality that when receiving a purchase order (PO), the PO number is copied to W/D/R number in the corresponding inventory transactions and inventory part in stock. This makes possible for us to track inventory for Transport, tax, return purposes etc..

As Oil and Gas extension has become a core functionality in cloud, I wonder how the above functionality is implemented. Is it as same as before or a new column is used to track the PO information?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Thma ,

Is there any specific Cloud version you looking into ?

Badge +4

Hi Xavier,

As I understood the communications in the forum, Oil and Gas extension should be in core as of 23 R2. 

If you can tell me how it it's in 23R2, That would be great. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thilanka,

The functionality has changed a bit regarding this scenario.

In the APP10 O&G Extension, a Transport Order was used to move goods between different locations. Loading goods to Transport Order, shipped and received to destination location have been performed in 
Transport Order page.
In IFS Cloud 23R2, this movement is now handled by a shipment order or a distribution order, depending on whether the movement is within the same company, or between different companies respectively. Shipment is used for outbound delivery and receipt is used for inbound delivery.

The outcome should still be the same in that you will still be able to track inventory accordingly.

Regards,

Antony