Solved

Issue in custom object in IFS cloud

• 12 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I created a custom object in IFS cloud, but it is not listed in the page designer business representatives. Seems custom fields are not used before in the system. Any material which says A-Z flow or any advice?

icon

Best answer by thilinaweliwita 13 February 2023, 05:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi, Please check if this is helpful. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Haveesha,

There can be several different reasons for custom fields to be not shown up in the page designer.

1. Make sure that you added the custom field under the correct entity that the page is connected to.

You can use the debug console -> Page info tab to verify this.

1. Make sure the custom object is approved and published
  2. Try refreshing oData cache

Try refreshing the OData Cache: [main|b2b] /ifsapplications/projection/ClearCache?METHOD=CLEAR_PROJECTION_CACHE&VALUE= [*|ProjectionName**]

1. Try refreshing “Mapping cache”

You can do this by opening the user context menu “Caches -> Clear Mapping Cache”

1. Make sure to select the correct UI element (group, list) when adding the custom field to the screen

You can refer to below section on the ifs documentation as Dilini mentioned in earlier answer.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/150_attribute_configurations/

Badge +14

Hi @thilinaweliwita, Thank you so much for sharing that checklist.

I also have a similar issue with the page ‘Inventory Part in Stock’.

Even though I followed all the above steps, I’m still unable to add custom attributes to the page and new attributes are not even showing in the attributes list.

IFS Aurena client version: 21.2.15.20221205073504.0

Could you kindly advise on this, please?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @MitDenukN ,

Additional to the steps mentioned in the previous answer, you can check below criteria, if the custom attributes are not showing up.

1. Make sure the system parameters for custom object framework and custom page framework are turned on.

You can check this by opening the “System Parameter” page and searching for parameters with category “Custom Objects”. There, you will find 2 parameters “Custom Attributes framework” and “Custom Pages framework”. Make sure both the parameters are “ON”.

1. Make sure that you have added the attribute to the correct entity.

In this case, it should be “InventoryPartInStock”.

1. Make sure the added custom attribute is “Approved” and “Published”
  2. Make sure the “InventoryPartInStock” Entity is “Approved” and “Published”
  1. Make sure that the UI element that the attribute is adding to is correct.

In this Case, it should be “InventoryPartInStockList”. ( I can see that this is correct in the provided screenshot).

I believe most probable cause for the issue might be the step 6 below.

1. Make sure to enable the custom object on additional views that are connected to the pages/page elements.

In this case, the “Inventory Part In Stock” page is connected to the view “INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_UIV”. So, the custom attributes you created need to be enabled in that view.

To do this,

1. go to “Entity Configuration” screen and load the entity “InventoryPartInStock”.
  2. Click on “Additional Views”
  1. Click on Edit button on the opened dialog
  2. Toggle “Approved” button to enabled
  1. Click on Save
  2. Finally, click on “Synchronize” button on the “Entity Configuration” screen
  3. Then, after synchronization completes, go to page designer, and reload the page using browser refresh button. The new field should appear.

Thanks and best regards,
Thilina

Badge +14

Hi @thilinaweliwita, Thank you so much for all the detailed information.

and as you mentioned, publishing additional views fixed my issue.

I really appreciate your assistance with this. 😊