Question

How to create revision for multiple Engineering Parts in one go?

• 1 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a revision for multiple engineering parts at once? I tried this myself using a migration job, but failed to do so. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

No there is no option to select multiple lines and create new revisions. The only alternative functionality would be to right-mouse button and highlight multiple lines go to Engineering Part Revision window. There two you would have to do it record by record.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

As Praveen mentioned, it is not possible to create new revisions for multiple parts in one action. Creating a new revision is a conscious decision you need to make, aiming to do significant changes with the new revision.

Would be interesting to know the business scenario and that you would like to create new revisions for multiple parts in one go. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Praveen Wijetunge  and @AanHGTS 

Thank you both for your replies. Is it also not possible to create a Migration Job for this? 

@AanHGTS, the business scenario is kind of complex, but I will try to explain. We have a lot of ‘dummy’ parts which act as phantom parts. I created those parts using Migration Jobs. We use XML’s to build the Project Deliverables Structure and in those XML’s the dummy parts are mentioned. The revision is a datafield in the XML, so the import will result in an error when the revision is not R01.