Create E-Mail As Manually From The PDF Dialog With Standart User Problem

• 18 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
  • Hero (Employee)
  • 60 replies

Hi all,

When i try to send e-mail to someone from the bottom of the standart pdf dialog by standart last user account it is not working. But its working with IFSAPP account.

So i checked standart permissions and events but it is not solved.

Let me know what i missing please?

Best regards.

icon

Best answer by Imal Thiunuwan 18 June 2021, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @0guz ,

By default, the Order Report dialog will take the logged in user’s email address mentioned in the “Create User” window as the sender address, If it is not available, it will take the email address defined in the mail sender.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @0guz ,

Is you requirement to change mail sender’s email address ( Mail sender’s email address will be visiable to mail receiver when they get mail at outlook )?, In that case , you have to go to bellow setting ( This will be default in case there is no defined mail for user in user data ),

Further, below setting will overide above and this will be shown as email address when print diloag email option is opened and when mail receivers gets emails.

These information mention are exact as prior post but i entered with breadcrumb path to easy reference.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @0guz,

However if you want to set a different email address to “sender’s email address” (What the receiver sees as “from address” in the Outlook email) other than the logged in user’s email address (As I mentioned above, if the the logged in user’s email address is available in “Create User” window, by default the system will use it as the “sender’s email address” as per the design), you can simply create an event action and configure the required email address as the “sender’s email address”.

You can use a cursor with custom logic like below to send emails and use PDF_REPORT_CREATED event to send out the pdf file (Report).

DECLARE

email_ VARCHAR2(200);

CURSOR get_email IS
    SELECT email 
    FROM <...> 
    WHERE <...>;

BEGIN

IF <validation to run for the desired report>
  OPEN get_email;
  FETCH get_email
    INTO email_;
  CLOSE get_email;

command_sys.mail(<from_user>,
                   email_,
                   <subject>,
                   <text>,
                   attach_ => '&PDF_FILE');

END IF;
END;

Hope this is helpful with your further configurations.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you all for the detailed answers, the problem is solved because its about the e-mail describe at the “Create Windows” as you said.

I mentioned your answer: “By default, the Order Report dialog will take the logged in user’s email address mentioned in the “Create User” window as the sender address, If it is not available, it will take the email address defined in the mail sender.”

Actually i dont understand how works that system. Because when i writed a available e-mail address in the “Create User” window this system does not work for me, if i changed to null that value the system works for me :)

I mean why the e-mail address is not available i dont know, i checked the mail address and its active. Maybe its about a system parameter?

Best Regards.