With out adding document text or note customer invoice showing text

• 30 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 85 replies

Hi Team,

I am having one doubt about customer invoice, in one customer order user didn’t add any document text or note but in final invoice we are getting the address text, can you please confirm why it is coming.

Regards,

Patan M

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is there a Custom field in the invoice document/report?  

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I don’t know , can you pls confirm me where can check whether Custom  field ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I’d ask your IFS Support team.  They will know who created your invoice “document”.  You may be using the standard IFS Report Designer version of the invoice or a version using Crystal Reports … or something else.  

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I am from IFS support team, can pls explain me why it occurred. I have checked in customer invoice and there no document added. can you pls explain  You may be using the standard IFS Report Designer version of the invoice or a version using Crystal Reports … or something else.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

When I say ‘document’ I don’t mean ‘Document Text’ I mean the printout/pdf that you call “customer invoice”.  

This can be generated using the standard IFS tool called “Report Designer”.  However, you don’t have to use this one.  We use Crystal Reports to generate ours, for example.  There may be others.  

I was suggesting you find whoever in your organisation knows what tool you are using to generate the invoice ‘printout’ then you can interrogate what fields sit in that source report/document/invoice.

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Patanm in the standard layout, you will notice quite a bit of places where document texts could be shown. These texts are not necesarily linked directly to the customer invoice (I believe you can only link Invoice Texts and not Document Texts in Customer Invoice.). Sometimes these texts could be coming from Customer / Sales Part / and so on. 

You would need to at least open the xml file from Reports Archive and search for the text to see in which field it’s fetched.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I went to Reports Archive and search and i took the invoice which i told you, but in that screen i can only getting the PDF copy not XML file, pls suggest me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Patanm sorry about this. It’s in Print Manager and not Reports Archive.