Solved

Why Only Company Owned parts can be used together with Delivery Confirmation?

• 21 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Customer Owned parts are externally-owned stock that is supplied by a customer (or a supplier for the customer) with the intent that the material will be transformed (maintained, repaired, overhauled, or used as a component) and eventually returned to the customer (or supplier).

However, when we try to create a customer order detail line for delivery purposes, it can't be saved if the field data Owner = "Customer Owned". If we remove the delivery confirmation (Unchecked confirm deliveries) we can create an order using customer-owned parts.

Any thoughts on this behavior?

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake

icon

Best answer by Marcel.Ausan 21 November 2023, 11:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Nikila Dis normally Delivery Confirmation is used in conjunction with delaying the COGS postings until delivery is confirmed.

But anyways, the main functionality is to block the Invoice creation until delivery is confirmed. Since Customer Owned stock will not be invoiced, probably this is the reason why delivery confirmation doesn’t work with Supplier Loaned Stock and Customer Owned Stock.

By looking at the code, I can see this error is triggered only when you use Delay COGS functionality and also Delivery Confirmation. I guess you could try to deactivate Delay COGS at Company level and then try to add the customer owned stock line in the CO for a customer that has Delivery Confirmation checked. It might work.

-- CONFIRM DELIVERIES WITH "DELAY COGS" (delay COGS can't be set unless delivery confirmation is true)
IF (headrec_.delay_cogs_to_deliv_conf = 'TRUE') THEN

-- direct delivery
IF (newrec_.supply_code IN ('PD', 'IPD')) THEN
IF triggered_by_header_ THEN
Error_SYS.Record_General(lu_name_, 'DIRECTDEL_DC: There are order lines using Direct Delivery. Not allowed when Cost of Goods Sold is delayed to Delivery Confirmation.');
ELSE
Error_SYS.Record_General(lu_name_, 'DIRECTDEL_DC2: Not possible to use Direct Delivery when Cost of Goods Sold is delayed to Delivery Confirmation.');
END IF;

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

I have deactivated the Delay COGS at company level. However still the error message will prompted when we use customer owned parts with confirm deliveries.

Br,

Nikila

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Nikila Dis could you try with a brand new CO? I guess the delay cogs attribute is saved on Order Header when order is created.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

Yes I have unchecked it from the company window and created a new order. Still the issue persists. I think there is no need use confirm deliveries as they are using customer owned parts and those stocks will not be invoiced as per the functionality.

Regards,

Nikila Dissanayake

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Nikila Dis yes, since this delivery confirmation functionality is done to ensure that COGS and customer invoice are created in the same accounting period, that’s why when delivering Customer Owned stock there’s nothing to be invoiced → so you don’t need delivery confirmation.