Question

Usage of Pegging/Unpegging a Customer Order or PO

• 12 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi All,

Could anyone guide me the usage of Pegging a Customer Order line or unpegging the same in Demand Purchase Order whenever a supply code is Int Purch Dir.

In other words, why there is a need to manually peg a CO line or unpeg a CO line and the same with PO lines in order to cancel a PO or CO lines.

Thanks in Advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @ProShiraA 

you mean the context menu via right mouse button?

This function is for the inter company / site process. 

If a customer order is released then you can’t do any changes. But if the supply code is not correct then you can  change it with unpeg.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you.

Could you kindly explain me the exact usage of Manual Pegging and unpegging process in terms of Customer order and Purchase order?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @ProShiraA 

if a customer order is in status planned or released, then one of these menu is activated. In an inter compnay / site process usually the context menu unpeg is active. I’ve already posted the idea of this menu.

The context menu “Manual pegging” shows you the purchase orders or shop orders which are assigned. You can’t add here new data. I think it depends on part type (manufactured or purchased) of these parts in created customer order.

This is my experience. :-)