Question

Transfer inventory part from one site to another

• 25 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

One of my customers need to transfer inventory part from one site to another (same company). And looking if it is possible to add freight costs to the Item cost when it is received at the new site.

I tried to do the transfer via a shipping order but I do not see the order in “inbound shipment-->register arrival” window. Can I please get some assistance on this matter.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

If yo use Shipment Order, you need to do release it and connect it to a shipment. Then you need to execute the shipment until delivery (steps can be automated if desired). After that the parts are placed in internal order transit and it should be possible to receive the Shipment Order via register arrival page or incoming dispatch pages (if you have sent that). 

Best Regards

Fredrik

Badge +3

Hi Fedrik,

Thanks for the reply and I managed to go up to receipt stage but can you advise if it is possible to include additional cost like freight charges at this stage. Ultimately that amount will be reflected in the inventory value?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Lakna K which party do you expect to incur the freight charges? sender or receiver?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Lakna K with my understanding, I dont think you will be able to capture freight charges with shipment order. 
However, you can easily do this by a multisite order flow like below, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Right now we don’t have anything out of the box for shipment order. There is a general requirement to be able to handle freight charges in more scenarios and also handle the purchase of the freight and invoice matching. Like getting a connected PO for the purchase of the freight. This is in the future roadmap.

Best Regards

Fredrik