Question

System populates Sales Part Description with Customer Part No Description

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 6 replies

In Apps 10, the observation is that when entering a new customer order line for a Sales part number that has a Sales Part Cross Reference record (with customer part number and customer part number description), the Sales Part Description on Customer Order Line gets populated with the Customer’s Part Description instead of the description on the Sales Part record.

Can you advise if this is the intended functionality and whether this can be controlled via a setting?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @GGS 

I checked this in Both Apss9 and Apps 10 core applications. As you said, the Description appears on the CO line is as same as the Customer’s Part Description. It seems like this is the standard functionality as I could not find a setting to change this.

Apps 10

Apps 9

​​

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Dilan Senevirathne Thanks for checking. It is a bit odd though especially considering the field labels. If there was a need to have customer part description on CO line, the specific Customer Part Description field potentially could have been made available instead of forcing this behavior.

If anyone anyone else has further insight or the reasoning behind this behavior, I’d appreciate that.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @GGS 

I had a quick discussion with the Product development team regarding this.
The primary purpose of this “Sales part cross reference” functionality is to facilitate inter site transactions where Demand site and Supply site involved Intern suppliers and Internal customers.  
So Sales Part and Customer part both have to be indicated.

And also when it comes to a Customer Order, the primary focus is to include customer’s information into the order. So at the development stage the priority had been given to the Customer’s part description. 

I hope this explanation will clear your doubts.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.