Question

Sequence in Master Schedule

• 27 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge +6

Hello All,

I am facing an annoying thing in IFS Cloud… when I make a selection of items which I want to plan the following happens. If I go to the Supply and Demand section in the Master Schedule and make a change to a shop order and go back to the Master Schedule the item I just did moved to the top and I need to find the next item in the list. If you need to do that a few times that is not a problem, but more it gets really annoying. IFS, can something been done about that please???

Best Regards

Carlo

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Carlo,

Are you able to provide screen shots of the issue please,

Thanks,

Jamie

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Also, what type of changes are you making to the shop order or any other supplies/demands?

Badge +6

Hello, attached a sample with screenshots. It happens when you update the QTY of just simply go to the shoporder ….

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Carlo,

A sort of sidekick…

Did you know that you can change date and quantity for a shop order direct from master scheduling grid?

For some companies where there is a close collaboration between “MS” and Shop Floor this could be useful.

So display the Firm Supply Created toggle switch. 

For the lines with a Yes - system has a connection between the MPS and the Shop Order. As long as the shop order is in state Planned or Released and is backward scheduled, you can modify the MS date and/or the Master Production Schedule Qty and press SAVE. Then the shop order will be updated.

Similar with Purchase Order… I mean if you have a purchased Master Scheduled part.

Cheers

-Mats

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Good point @majose

@koenders what is your search criteria, could this be causing problems?

Badge +6

I think that would be strange isn’t it? Basically these are my selection criteria, nothing fancy about it in my opinion?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@majose I would raise this with IFS, it might be something they can do but it may be a browser issue.

I have just tested in the ‘Customer Order’ screen and seen the same issue, record selector navigating to the top of the results.

Ideally it would help if we could RMB on commands and open in a new tab/window, this way the original screen would stay as is.

Apologies I can’t be of any more help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have posted this in the idea section.

Record Selector re-sort

Badge +6

Thanks and I hope it can be sorted.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hopefully. Thanks for highlighting this, this will become a pain point once more customers adapt to IFS Cloud.

Have a great day :)