Question

Sales price based from purchase price when using supplier direct

• 19 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear All,

does anybody know is there is a way to configure a sales part price according to the purchase order line price when using the supplier direct sourcing? For example, add 30% from the purchase order line price to the customer order line sales price.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

In your scenario, the customer order already exists - correct?

You want to update an existing customer order line sales price from the connected supplier direct purchase price - am I understanding correctly?

If so, I don’t know of any out of the box way to configure what you are requesting.  I can imagine ways that it could be done via a program, but it would require checking POs in a certain status (Confirmed), then using that information to extract the price information and perform the price uplift.  This would then need to be applied to the customer order line. 

I can also imagine all sorts of issues with attempting to do this automatically.  How to handle changes later in the process, at what point do you notify the customer of the price he is paying since it isn’t known up front possibly, do you also need to update the SfPP price for the next order, etc.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Shawnbeck,

yes, in my scenario the CO Line and the PO line are created at the same time due to the ‘supplier direct’ sourcing option. I apreciate your answer, but i’m a bit surpised that there is no standard way to do it in the system. Does Idea wall still exist? It’s been a while i have not posted an idea and i can no longer find the link 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The ideawall is being dropped as a legacy idea, but it has been replaced with a new version within the community.

https://community.ifs.com/ideas 

You can read more about it here:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Great!

thanks a lot for your help 😉

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Here is the idea for your info: Add possibility to set a sales prices according to a purchase price | IFS Community