Question

Report Is Taking a long Time to Print

• 1 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Does anyone have any clue on this? -

Not recurring for a particular record, not occurring every time for a particular record also.   

Thank you.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@haritha.waidyaratne are there any calculated custom attributes that have been included in the layout of PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP?

I’m thinking that if there are many calculated custom attributes, maybe some of them are not very efficient and it takes a long time for the PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_RPI to insert the data in the RPT table and create the XML. 

Badge +4

Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot for this input. Lemme check.

Cheers,
​​​​​​​Haritha

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @haritha.waidyaratne,

Refer to this article as well: 

https://community.ifs.com/ifs%2Dgeneral%2Dtopics%2Demployees%2Dpartners%2Donly%2D79/ifs%2Dcloud%2D21r2%2Dcan%2Dt%2Dpreview%2Dreport%2D24135

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is it possible to get an offline version of this, please?  I don’t have permission to view.  

We also encounter this issue..

Badge +4

Hi Linda and Ashen,

Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable and important thoughts on this.

Currently, I am involved with some other assignment on which I am setting focus.

Let me get back to you in a while. Will let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

Badge +4

Hi Marcel and Ashen,

By custom fields, you don’t mean straight derivations like this?

c_web_         := Comm_Method_API.Get_Value('COMPANY', company_, Comm_Method_Code_API.Decode('WWW'), 1, document_address_id_, sysdate); 

PS: I also don’t have permission to view that document.

Best regards,
Thank you.

Badge +4

Hello all,

Thanks for posting a lot of helpful answers but they have finally got back saying that the problem vanished after restarting the application server, in the aftermath of applying certain patches.

For our future reference, the error was traced to its origins, like this:

In the foundation (fndbas) client file PrintDialog.client, this error is raised after the invocation of the method

ReportDirectPrintRequest() which resides in the projection PrintDialogReport_Format_Request() called from there in that svc, will land a call on Report_SYS.Request_Formatting_Async().

Pdf_Archive_API.Get_Id() invoked at the end of the method, fails to fetch a value, resulting in the error.

It is reliably learnt that in certain instances the process may not wait till an entry in the pdf archive is created - which is made to happen asynchronously in consideration of other metrics that determine server loads, etc.