PDF Parameters for Customer Statement

• 6 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 8 replies

Hello Community;

Is there a list or chart which provides the field names fetched by PDF_PARAMETERS for a emailing a Customer Statement?  Customer Statements are not included in the chart on the E-Mail Reports help page.  For example, when we try to add &PDF_PARAMETER_2 to the subject line of the email, it does not fetch the Customer ID as I would expect.  Are the defaults for Customer Statements different? 

We are not having issues getting the emails to generate and send, that is functioning correctly.  We are unable to update the email itself.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please refer if possible: Honestly, I am not much familiar with how to do this

http://techdocs/23r2/050_reporting/251_operational_reporting/110_email_reports/#steps_to_add_attachments_to_the_email_using_event_action

For your reference the following para extracted:

Add Default Values for Event Parameters
Defining default values for event parameters of the above PDF_REPORT_CREATED event can be done in the Report Definition file (.rdf) of each report. Default values for PDF_PARAMETER_1 to PDF_PARAMETER_10 can be defined this way using interface in PdfReportEventParam logical unit.

Example:

Pdf_Report_Event_Param_API.New_Parameter ('MODULE_REP', 'PDF_EVENT_PARAM_1', 'STRING', 'someone@test.com');

Pdf_Report_Event_Param_API.New_Parameter ('MODULE_REP', 'PDF_EVENT_PARAM_2', 'STRING', 'MODULE_REP');

When Print Jobs are directly created from an application functionality (such as Releasing a Customer Order), in most cases these parameter values are set from the business logic of the relevant product area & stored in the Settings column of the Print Job. The default values added from the above method are overridden by the values of the Print Job Settings.

Default values are used in scenarios such as print via Print Dialog where the Print Job Settings are absent.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I don’t know if this helps … I never did quite nail them all!

&PDF_PARAMETER_1 = cust acc no

&PDF_PARAMETER_2 = site

&PDF_PARAMETER_3 = Customer Contact Name (or description?)

&PDF_PARAMETER_4 – co-ordinator?

&PDF_PARAMETER_5 – CO no

&PDF_PARAMETER_6 – cust PO No

&PDF_PARAMETER_7 Customer Contact Name (or description?)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Again,

These are the default values as documented. But, as I explained, defining default values for event parameters of the above PDF_REPORT_CREATED event can be done in the Report Definition file (.rdf).

PARAMETER

Confirmation of Customer Order

Invoice

Pro Forma Invoice

Order Quotation

PDF_PARAMETER_1

E-mail address for the customer contact

PDF_PARAMETER_2

Customer ID

Customer ID

Customer ID

Customer ID

PDF_PARAMETER_3

Site

Site

Site

Site

PDF_PARAMETER_4

Customer contact from the customer order

Customer contact from the  quotation

PDF_PARAMETER_5

Name of the coordinator from the customer order

Our reference from the invoice

Name of the coordinator from the customer order

Quotation number from the quotation

PDF_PARAMETER_6

Order number from the customer order

Invoice number from the customer invoice

Order number from the customer order

Customer's RFQ number             from the quotation

PDF_PARAMETER_7

Customer's purchase order number from the customer             order

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @ACFal 

This is the overview I know
To the best of my knowledge, if IFS does not mention the report in their documentation, it is not built to fill out the parameters.
But the best way to find out if the parameters is filled out and with what, is to send a email to yourself with all the parameters. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you everyone, this is the list I have, but it does not seem to apply to Customer Statements.  We’ve tested this by sending ourselves an email including all of the parameters and they are all blank.  

I will do some more digging in the report definition and see if that can shine any light.