Question

Package part - Reservation method and HU issue

• 5 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I create a package part and I’m surprise that I cannot reserve the unit via the Customer Order page but to be Reserve via the Quick Order Flow Handling.

And second, once reserved and picked, I create my handling unit and attach the part to it but I can’t find it in Handling Units in Shipment Inventory, giving no results. Looking for via Shipment ID, cust order nº or handling units Id.

Something strange as well is the message when open the TREE, “Qty without attached reservations:1”

which is something I do not get for regular/standard customer orders.

Thanks in advance.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Not sure I have fully understood everything you have written, however I try to reply anyway.

Do you mean that you cannot do manual reservation from the Lines tab in the Customer Order page for the Package Part? This is because the Package Part is not an inventory Part. In the Lines tab you can click Line/Details and then Package Part Structure. Then you will see all the components and in this page you can do manual reservation of the components.

Regarding packing into Handling Units in Shipment, currently the package part is attached to the Handling Unit. As this is not an inventory part we cannot see it in Handling Units in Shipment Inventory page. We are currently looking at introducing a new packing approach in shipment for Package Part. It should be possible to pack the components of a package part instead of multiples of the the package part. Then Handling Unit(s) with components as inventory parts will be shown in shipment inventory as well. Our goal is to include this in the 23R2 release of IFS Cloud. Not sure if this is what you are asking for?

Best Regards

Fredrik

Badge +2

Hi @Fredrik Johansson LKP

Thanks for your answer.

You catch the idea of the situations I was describing. Happy to hear that a resolution is in the works. Looking forward to the 23R2 IFS Cloud release.

Regards.

Guillem

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Not sure I have fully understood everything you have written, however I try to reply anyway.

Do you mean that you cannot do manual reservation from the Lines tab in the Customer Order page for the Package Part? This is because the Package Part is not an inventory Part. In the Lines tab you can click Line/Details and then Package Part Structure. Then you will see all the components and in this page you can do manual reservation of the components.

Regarding packing into Handling Units in Shipment, currently the package part is attached to the Handling Unit. As this is not an inventory part we cannot see it in Handling Units in Shipment Inventory page. We are currently looking at introducing a new packing approach in shipment for Package Part. It should be possible to pack the components of a package part instead of multiples of the the package part. Then Handling Unit(s) with components as inventory parts will be shown in shipment inventory as well. Our goal is to include this in the 23R2 release of IFS Cloud. Not sure if this is what you are asking for?

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hi @Fredrik Johansson LKP ,

on APPS10 what you described will not be possible?

Thanks,

Joao

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Packing of components of a package part in the shipment will be added as a new feature in IFS Cloud 23R2. As all new features in IFS Cloud it will not be down ported to APPS10.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have a similar issue here so can I ask for confirmation on what I should expect to see? We are on Cloud 23r1 currently (getting ready to go live). You mentioned something in your response above: “Regarding packing into Handling Units in Shipment, currently the package part is attached to the Handling Unit.”. We do have the handling unit/capacity set up for the package part. There are also records for the handling unit/capacity on the component parts as we sell them individually (hence the package part). So I have a shipment with one line for the package part, qty of 1. I’ve picked it and now am trying to “Pack According to Handling Unit Capacity” on the shipment. I don’t receive any error or anything doing this but when I go to the Shipment Handling Unit Structure from the shipment there are no handling units and nothing available there. I was expecting to see the one pallet that is set up for the package part. Is there a way to properly pack this in our current release? Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated as we have a rather large number of package parts with significant volumes.

Regards,

Karl

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

The new logic to choose to pack the components in shipment is available from 23R2. In 23R1 it is only possible to pack the package part. I think it should be possible to pack the package parts manually or using handling unit capacity or packing instruction. The components are not possible to pack at all in the shipment this is what is solved in 23R2.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you Fredrik. I’m not looking to pack the components, just the package part based on the handling unit capacity. We have that set up for the package part but are not getting any results when trying to pack using handling unit capacity. That is my issue here, it does not seem to be functioning as expected or as you mentioned in your response.