Question

ORA-20110: InventoryPartInStock.EXPDATELATE: Expiration date may not be later than from-locations exp. date.

• 5 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

We often get this error message when moving inventory part, does IFS have some configurations to disable the check behind?

We are using IFS9 now.

Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Check this previous post > Move same Parts to same Location with different expiration date | IFS Community

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Richard Owen , thanks. Actually I have checked this post but our W/D/R is normally ‘*’ so I want to know if we have other solutions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Is the part that you are trying to move lot / batch tracked?  I guess that it doesn’t really matter, but the thing is that the system wants the expiration dates to match unless you distinguish the stock using WDR as previously explained.

An alternative solution could be a configuration (a new scheduled task) that looks at all of the stock and automatically sets the part expiration dates (or part lot /batch expiration dates) to same value no matter what location the stock is in.  Then you should have no problem moving the stock.

If you didn’t want that sort of configuration, perhaps this could be a manual housekeeping task where the user is shown a list of parts (or part lot / batches) where the expiration dates don’t match.  This could be a saved search, Lobby Element, report, etc.  The user would then manually update the expiration dates as required.  The Inventory Part in Stock screen would be a candidate for this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Richard Owen , thanks for you reply. I will think about your suggestion.