Question

Notes in Count Per Inventory Part screen

• 16 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I want to find the table that the “Notes” field in “Count Per Inventory Part” is stored in (see below). It is not a custom field,  and there is no SQL column for it in the “System Information” panel. The debug window doesn’t tell me where it is coming from, the logical unit does not have anything on it either.

Thank you for any replies.

6 replies

Badge +3

That will reflect directly in Inventory Transaction History. on Save it just call an API, which update the inventory stock as per counting.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

That will reflect directly in Inventory Transaction History. on Save it just call an API, which update the inventory stock as per counting.

To expand on this…

Adding a note to this page does not save it to the count record.

It is added to the SOURCE column in inventory transaction history against the COUNT-IN or COUNT-OUT transaction codes

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The note text is not being saved in the Inventory_transaction_hist_tab. I entered a note and then looked in that table under that part no. (in the “source” column). It was not there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The note text is not being saved in the Inventory_transaction_hist_tab. I entered a note and then looked in that table under that part no. (in the “source” column). It was not there.

It only saves if you perform a new count

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

It only saves if you perform a new count

Yes that is correct, it saves the note to the SOURCE column when a new line is added to the “General” section in my screen cap. But if you modify the note text on that line to something else,  the Source column still has the old text, it doesn’t replace it with what has been entered. It must be saved somewhere however. The user can save a line to that screen (with text in the “Note” field but after saving it can then delete the text from the note field. I want to prevent that happening by using a custom event. But I need to know where the modified text is being saved to.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This process is important for material cost. So you can view your text message in Inventory_transaction_hist_tab