Solved

MS level 1 part last run date

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, we have some parts that use MS level 1 manual forecasts in conjunction with project planned netting groups.  A planner noticed today that two out of the 10 parts had a "last run date" of today's date even though no one manually ran MS and there's no scheduled task for it.  The remainder of the parts had dates in the past as you can see.  PMRP is run daily for all projects.

I see in the background job details for PMRP that running MS is a step at the very end.  My question is does that last run date on MSL1 part indicate when MS ran or when it actually changed something?  I’m wondering if the two parts in question had some supply/demand changes and MS had to recalculate and the other parts did not require recalculation?   We are on APPS10 and we recently installed UPD17.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

icon

Best answer by majose 25 June 2023, 20:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @reimccabe ,

The last run date is date when the Level 1 master scheduling was last run for this part no and master schedule set.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello,

Starting from Applications 10, it has become easier and better (I would say) to use master scheduling for Purchased parts and sub-assemblies. 

At the end of MRP and PMRP jobs, system checks if there are any master scheduled parts at subassembly- or purchasing level that has been affected by parent items in MRP/PMRP. If YES then those parts are recalculated in MS, using the latest exploded demand picture.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mats

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I didn’t realize that was new for Apps10, thanks for the explanation!