Inventory Part- Last periodic Weighted Average date

• 29 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 12 replies

Hello, 

According to the help text of the Last periodic WA date field in inventory part > Costs > Periodic WA Info Purch it says this field is getting updated after running the job Calculate Periodic Weighted Average. 

Last Periodic WA Date Purch:
The date on which the value in Cum Price Difference field was used to calculate and set a new periodic weighted average cost for the part. This value is read-only, and is updated if you run the background job started in the Calculate Periodic Weighted Average dialog box.

I created a purchase order for this part and received it. Manually supplier invoice has also been created and posted. 

After running the job Calculate Periodic Weighted average, Cum price difference field has been updated but not the Last periodic WA date Purch as below. 

I need to understand in which instances the field Last periodic WA date Purch is updated. 

Any clue is highly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 31 May 2023, 23:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @NayD,

When you match the supplier invoice the difference will get update in the Cum Price Difference field of the inventory part and when you run the Calculate Periodic Weighted Average new standard cost is calculated using the cum price difference ,all the transactions are revaluated and Latest Periodic WA Date Purch will be updated.

Looking at your screen shot, I can see that Calculate Periodic Weighted Average job has not run successfully as this will update cum price difference filed to zero.

Could you check once whether the  background job triggered for this process is successfully executed or not?

Regards,

Mithun K V 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@EqeMithuV 

Hi Mithun, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I re-ran the Calculate periodic weighted average job and it's in ready status. 

But the Last periodic WA date Purch is not updated. 

Any thoughts?

Regards, 

NayD.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @NayD,

Tried with the same part as yours and its working for me. Could you please check once what is your part type?

Regards,

Mithun K V