Question

Internal Purchase Direct CO Line

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Apps10 UPD20 (though also in UPD16) - When a Customer Order Line is entered with Supply Code Internal Purchase Direct it does not have ‘Default Info’ ticked on the CO lines.

Does anyone know if this is a) A bug that has been resolved

b)A setting that can be adjusted

C)The accepted IFS logic (based on the LSD Trip of the engineer at the time)

I’ve had a quick look on the community and can not see this has been asked before - nor can I see a setting.

Many thanks,

Matthew

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, this is the standard for IPD and not a bug. I believe you are seeing this in the internal CO. In IPD the delivery information of the external customer is fetched to the internal CO to support the direct delivery. So that default of the internal customer is not available and it will be single occurrence delivery information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

IPD - Internal Purchase Direct

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks for a quick response

No this is in the External CO - before the header has been released and the PO / CO on supply site have been generated. 

I would expect on the external CO the default box to be ticked at line level - much as any other order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Okay. 

Pls compare delivery address information (General, Order address info) of the customer with the address information fetched to the order. Try to understand what field/s are different. Some value might have overridden by your process of order creation I suspect. Also not sure what you mean by C, where it suggests the creation of the CO. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

It all looks identical.

We have text in the del terms location on the the customer>address>order address info tab and this is transferred to the customer order>delivery information.

When the Customer Order Line is entered this is not transferred.

I have just noticed that when selecting (prior to saving) the internal supplier the Default Info box is ticked

When the Line is saved this box is removed. 

I’m thinking the question is now - why on Internal Purchase Direct External Customer Order lines does the default info box become unticked on saving?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Just found this- 

Which seems to explain a little bit more.

I’m still not sure of the business logic behind it - but lets add that to the list!

Thanks for nudges in the right direction @Vimukthi Mahakumbura