Solved

Does anyone know if its possible to split a customer shipment ship via by CO Line?

• 17 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We have very large orders that are set up to ship say freight then the customer needs a specific line shipped via air.  Does anyone know how to set this up without having to move the line to a new Customer Order?

We could always update the ship via each time but afraid it may get missed moving back for the remainder of the order.  We are IFS Apps 10.

Thanks, Donna

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 18 October 2023, 15:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @Donna V ,

Are you using the shipment module to pick and ship your orders?

If you are using the shipment module you can create multiple shipments for a single customer order and link different customer order lines to each shipment with a different ship via on each shipment.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We are using the shipment module.  I will check with the client to understand their process better.  I may reach out to you again.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If I get you correct the lines in the customer order are having different Ship via Codes? If you use the Shipment functionality, you can define the ship via code as a consolidation parameter in the shipment type. Then the customer order lines are automaticlly consolidated per Ship via Code when you create the shipments, so all lines with the same Ship via Code ends up in the same shipment. 

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Fredrik Johansson LKP ,

I only have basic knowledge of the shipping function of IFS.  Can you provide some screen shots ?  Currently they are using the note field on the CO Line to direct the warehouse/shipping on the ship via code  i.e.; air vs sea.  

The shipment type makes sense because you can assign it per line item of the CO.

I have created a shipment type for this example but not sure how to set up the consolidation parameter as shipment type is not a selection.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

After writing the answer I realized that the Shipment always consolidate by Ship Via by default and started to think that it was strange that you didn’t get different shipments. But if they use the notes field then it explains why it doesn’t happen. Why do they not use the Ship Via Code field on the customer order line instead? Then everything will work fine.

In addition to normal consolidation parameters e.g. site, address, ship via, there are some optional consolidation parameters you can add to the shipment type as well. 

If you add those you get consolidation by those as well. 

I would recommend you to do the actual change of Ship via Code in the actual field instead of in notes then everything will work fine. Another option is to add Reference ID as a consolidation parameter and add the notes in that field on the customer order line.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Fredrik Johansson LKP ,

I see that the ship via code is in the data when looking at CO Lines however its acts like a reference to the CO header and appears that it can not be changed on a line.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In the customer order line you have a dialog to change address and delivery information, inside there you can change ship via code.