Question

Detaching WO from oneproject to another

• 5 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Maybe there is someone who knows that Cusyomer’s question (IFSAPP 8 version of our app)

…..

Should the system monitor the posting of a purchase requisition to a work order in case of detaching the WO from one project activity and attaching it to another activity?
Should the purchase requisition (created on the WO associated with the first activity) inherit the decrement from the new project activity to which the WO has been attached?
At the moment we have a case that this does not happen.
……..

BR

Marcin

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Marcin Szczurek,

I am not sure I got your question fully also the flow that Customer execute here exactly with the description above.

As I remember the process in App8 was, when you detach a work order from a project which has Purchase requisition in Planned date, then preposting's also will remove from the Requisition. I.e. Originally the PR also have this project connection but when you disconnect from the work order then connection also get removes automatically from PRs. After detaching, there is no connection to the previous activity for those PRs at all.
Next, when you connect the work order to another activity then existing PRs will also be connected to the new project activity. There will not be any transfer of material to the previous activity unless we manually do in this instance.

However in app10 version the function is quite different. I.e. we could not detach a work order from a project activity unless all the lines from any connected PRs are removed or cancelled. I assume RnD has done this change in App10 due to some concerns in the flow, yet I am not able to identify what exactly the reason was.

Best Regards,
Kasun

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you very much Kasun!