Solved

Cycle Count Automatically for chemicals

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 1 reply

I have a client that is asking, for lot /batch control, when an automatic cycle count is run on a location for Part A based on days since last count, if there are other instances of Part A in stock under different lot/batches, they want to have a count created for all of the lots of Part A.  I first thought about Storage Zones but they may store different chemicals in same or different locations.  Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Martin Falkenau 31 March 2022, 14:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

the checkbox “Include Full Qty Of Part In Location” when creating a count report (Additional Parameters) comes very close to your customers requirement.

“Select this check box to include the full quantity of the same part in a location, in the count report. Selecting this check box will, for instance, include all the serial handled parts in one location, to the count report even if only one serial number is due for stock taking. It may override settings in other option fields such as Exclude Stock, Max On Hand Qty etc.”

Hope this helps you.

BR,

Martin

Badge +2

Thank you Martin.  I think this would be a viable option if all of the same chemical is stored in the same location but that isn’t the case with this customer.  They store the same chemical in multiple different locations.  It would be great if there was an additional check box that stated “Include all lot/batch numbers”.  Is that something that can be modified for this customer?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Ross,

you asked “Is that something that can be modified for this customer?”. I can’t give you a specific answer on this. Of course it must be investigated first how complex a modification will be to implement this kind of solution. 

Kind regards,

Martin