Question

Customer Order Delivered yet Item still as reserved in the inventory.

• 24 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have interesting case for you. 
Item was reserved, picked and delivered. Orders status changed to Invoiced/Closed yet, system shows that item is still in the inventory. When looked at the order it showing Delivered 1, Reserved 1 which doesn’t make sense. We can’t unpick it using Not Reported Line or In shipment as it looks as part wasn’t picked. We can’t unreserve it from the order (print screen) because order is closed and changes can’t be made. Sound like cqtch-22 situation. 

How can I scrap that item for the stock? It is still reserved and system won't allow me. 

Would be grateful for any good advice. 

Krystian,

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is the transaction in error in the Financials?  Check “Distribution and Manufacturing Postings Analysis”

Linda

Badge +1

Hi Linda, 
Thank you for your answer.  
It is more of a inventory/stock issue. We have stock in the system which isn’t there. Can’t scrap it as it it reserved. Can’t unreserve it because order is closed. Like i wrote before, catch-22 situation. 
Cause of it is also unknown. I just would like to know how to scrap that stock :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Krystian was this delivered via shipment? Could you check if you have the OESHIP transaction for this?

Would be interesting for post a screenshot of the Inventory Transactions History for this Order → to see if there are any INVM-IN / INVM-out / PICK-IN / PICK-OUT / OESHIP transactions.

If there is no OESHIP, then I would see this also having a financial impact, not only the hanging IPIS Reservation.

And I’m afraid a case should be raised with IFS to provide a script to fix this situation.

Badge +1

@Krystian was this delivered via shipment? Could you check if you have the OESHIP transaction for this?

Would be interesting for post a screenshot of the Inventory Transactions History for this Order → to see if there are any INVM-IN / INVM-out / PICK-IN / PICK-OUT / OESHIP transactions.

If there is no OESHIP, then I would see this also having a financial impact, not only the hanging IPIS Reservation.

And I’m afraid a case should be raised with IFS to provide a script to fix this situation.

Hi @Marcel.Ausan 
Thank you for your answer. Very good questions you’ve asked. 

We had 4 order with the same problem. 1 of them I was able to Unreserve or Unpick if you will, using Not Reported Detailed Lines. Other 3 are trickier. 

“Would be interesting for post a screenshot of the Inventory Transactions History for this Order → to see if there are any INVM-IN / INVM-out / PICK-IN / PICK-OUT / OESHIP transactions.” 

No, all of those transaction codes are missing from the History. The only one visible code is INTPODIRSH Inter Site Direct Ship Customer Order. (All 4 motioned orders have this in common). 
When I compered it with other properly closed orders with the same part number, I can see all INVM-IN / INVM-out / PICK-IN / PICK-OUT / OESHIP transactions in them. 

I sent question to our finance team to check potential financial impact. I’ll post an update when receive more info. 

Krystian, 

Badge +1

Hi @Marcel.Ausan 
Thank you for your answer. Very good questions you’ve asked. 

We had 4 order with the same problem. 1 of them I was able to Unreserve or Unpick if you will, using Not Reported Detailed Lines. Other 3 are trickier. 

“Would be interesting for post a screenshot of the Inventory Transactions History for this Order → to see if there are any INVM-IN / INVM-out / PICK-IN / PICK-OUT / OESHIP transactions.” 

No, all of those transaction codes are missing from the History. The only one visible code is INTPODIRSH Inter Site Direct Ship Customer Order. (All 4 motioned orders have this in common). 
When I compered it with other properly closed orders with the same part number, I can see all INVM-IN / INVM-out / PICK-IN / PICK-OUT / OESHIP transactions in them. 

I sent question to our finance team to check potential financial impact. I’ll post an update when receive more info. 

Krystian, 

Hi @Marcel.Ausan 
Although all mentioned operations by you were missing,  and only NTPODIRSH Inter Site Direct Ship Customer Order been recorded, there was no impact on the finances, invoices and charges were as expected. We reported problem to IT, looks like some kind of bug. I’ll send an update when I receive it.