Question

Change Default setting of 'Release for Mtrl Planning flag' on a Customer order line

• 17 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi All,

Can the 'Release for Mtrl Planning' flag on a customer order line set to default as unchecked when the order header is in the Planned status and only check when the customer order header is released. The default in IFS standard is to have this checked and user to uncheck. Speaking to our technical team it looks like we may need to create a custom event for this, but I wondered if anyone knew of a standard way to do?

Thanks,

Susan

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We went about this a different way because we were sure that some lines would be forgotten, which would be a large problem later.  We have a custom RMB action at the start of the order that prevents adding lines to the order until some things are setup.  One is to have the Wanted Delivery Date set to 1/1/2049 at the start.  This prevents any early drive for materials on Planned orders until a scheduler/planner comes along and schedules the order in to a real date.  Our assumption is, if the order is scheduled, then the scheduler/planner has agreed to put the demand into the queue for MRP to action.  I think you find manipulating the Release for Material Planning check on a line by line basis manually to be quite cumbersome and easy to mess up.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you for the reply and we will explore using this.

Thanks

Susan

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi

In a setup with a sales site and a supplying site, where the internal CO on the supply site is created automatically, our planners on the supply site want to control when incoming internal orders are included in the MRP calculations. For this, we see two ways forward:

1. Use Supply code “Not decided” pr default on supply site and let our planners toggle this to the right supply code pr part. Drawback here is that they need to check what is the right supply code
  2. Have the  Release for Mtrl Planning flag default ticked off for internal COs on the supply site.

We favor option 2, but see in this thread, that this might not be possible without custom events. Did anyone find other/better solutions? Otherwise we’ll just create these events.

BR Kristian

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Option 2 will help with for our intersite/ intercompany order and like you mentioned we are now using events for the external customer orders.

thank you

Susan

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks @VanSusanm 

It seems that we cannot set this at Create as there’s an automatic reservation happening (which seems a little weird since we’re not including the line in planning)

Checking our CO Order Flow it seems that no automatic reservation should happen for this Order type before releasing the order:

Or am I missing something?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Additional comment to my post above: Inventory Part doesn’t have “Priority Reservation” set in Control Values