Skip to main content
Question

Automatic Stock Replenishment in correct Warehouse Bin- Planning Method B

• 19 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Team,

Client requirement is to use Planning Method-B for automatic replenishment of inventory.

Please find the query below:

Lets say, an inventory part (Purchased Part Type) is stored in a Warehouse having multiple Bins.

Now during auto replenishment, how system will identify automatically which is the correct Bin to refill as Warehouse contains multiple Bins?

By any chance, can the same be reflected during Register Arrivals process?

Do we need to do any specific setup for it?

@Thilini Wijesinghe Any inputs on this?

Best Regards,

Rakesh

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Rakesh 

I think that I was unable to pick your question correctly. But, as we know, can define a default location for the inventory part and a default location for a remote warehouse. Give a try if you haven’t done that so far.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Piyal Perera,

Thank you for your response.

Actually my query is once they receive the stock in inventory default location i.e central warehouse, how they can send it automatically to bins whose quantity has fallen below required minm Quantity.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Rakesh 

Which version you are working with? Inventory putaway functionality with defined storage zone may work to satisfy your requirement. It can be triggered at

• Purchase order arrivals/receipts
  • Shop order receipts
  • General move of parts in inventory.
  • General move of handling units in inventory.

regards,

Piyal

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Piyal Perera,

I tried with Putaway functionality but it is not working as in my scenario refill to correct bins is based on Replenishment quantity. And in Putaway functionality we cannot define the Replenishment quantity.

Have come through Kanban Circuit feature but have never used it.

Any thoughts whether it will be the correct approach for my requirement?

Best Regards,

Rakesh