Question

MWO Picture/Video Limit?

• 21 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there a limit to the number of pictures / videos you can upload on any one task on MWO or is the limit based on the device capacity?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

No technical limit to control the amount of pictures/videos that can be added to a single task

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

No technical limit to control the amount of pictures/videos that can be added to a single task

Cheers

James

Hi @James Ashmore thanks for the information. Would you kindly help and advice if there is any image capacity (file size) limitation, when uploading images to Task/Step level from the MWO App end? We have enabled only Document Attachment option to add Pictures (DOC CLASS as PICTURES)

Since we are facing some corrupted files or missing Attachments (Pictures) when we uploaded from MWO App and also experiencing a longer uploading time. Many thanks for your kind thoughts. 

Best regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Cheers

James

Hi @James Ashmore thanks for the information. Would you kindly help and advice if there is any image capacity (file size) limitation, when uploading images to Task/Step level from the MWO App end? We have enabled only Document Attachment option to add Pictures (DOC CLASS as PICTURES)

Since we are facing some corrupted files or missing Attachments (Pictures) when we uploaded from MWO App and also experiencing a longer uploading time. Many thanks for your kind thoughts. 

Best regards

Hi @James Ashmore would you kindly advise if there is any capacity limit when uploading images/Docs from MWO App, as we normally encounter long waiting time(01hr+) to upload approximately 30 images with a good data connection. Each image capacity is between 2.5- 3.8MB. Is there any way to increase the capacity and expedite the process or are we still using an incorrect process.? Many thanks for your kind thoughts. 

Best regards

-ISD-

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For DocMan there is nothing that I am aware of but I will check with the team.

There are compression settings for MediaLibrary however.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @James Ashmore many thanks for your kind feedback. Well noted about the MediaLibrary compression setting. At the moment we are only using DocMan solution as we are using the images for Custom reports. Would be really glad if you could share if you hear anything from the team on capacity limits when using DocMan. Thank you so much for your help as always. 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

For DocMan there is nothing that I am aware of but I will check with the team.

There are compression settings for MediaLibrary however.

Cheers

James

Hi @James Ashmore I just noticed below values under Touch Apps > Configuration > Application Parameters. Would you kindly advise the values we have at the moment is relevant for what we are discussing above when uploading images (as document) from MWO App and or could be further increased? Thanks for your kind thoughts. 🙂 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

These are the parameters for handling Media Library (pictures) rather than docman

Cheers

James