Question

MWO Multiple Day Work

• 16 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Would anyone know how to handle multiple visits on the same Work Task in MWO without having to go into the client and manually assign work each day? E.g. a piece of maintenance that is carried out over 3 days where travel and work time is logged for each day. 
Thanks

John

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

MWO supports the standard visit handling functionality. If the multiple visits feature is enabled for the Work Task, system will create multiple visits at the time of transferring the task into mobile. Those will be available in mobile for the user to execute one after another. 

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +1

Thanks Sampath, 

In MWO would the user then complete the work assignment and return after day 1. Then another would be available the next day? How would they find this assignment? Any further info on this part would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi John,

All visits (assignments) are transferred to mobile at once so the user can see those all in my work list . However user can process those only from top to bottom, meaning starting from the first visit. Once the first visit is completed (day 1 work for example), user can start the second visit (day 2 work).  

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +1

Thank you Sampath,

I don’t see this so in my case I possibly need to configure some basic data on the employee calendar/schedule somewhere?

Thanks

John 

Badge

I am just new here and I want to say that this MWO (Mobile Workforce Optimization) supports the ability to handle standard visit handling functionality. If the multiple visits feature is enabled for a Work Task, the system will create multiple visits when the task is transferred to mobile. These visits will be available for the user to complete one after another on their mobile device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @JohnCutts the behavior depends on whether you use Dispatch Console or PSO/ASO. In any case you need to select “Allow Multiple Visits” on the work tasks. In PSO there are additional parameters to determine if the job gets split or not. Once the work task is transferred to MWO (Mobile Work Order), you should see multiple assignments as explained by Sampath.

Btw, even if there is only one assignment, using the “Incomplete” button on the task allows you to carry work to the next day without a lot of additional processing.

Badge +1

Thanks for your help @Alexander Heinze, since the original post we’ve decided to use the Incomplete function. We mark the assignment as Incomplete and then select create work that I will perform. Is this how you would handle this?

Thanks

PS. Only issue I’ve found with this incomplete method is that when multiple resources are on the work task then we receive failed transactions when processing return travel so I’ve raised a case with IFS Support.