Solved

Mobile Work Order Access

• 2 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Using Apps9. 

Some of my users are locking themselves out of the MWO after 10 password tries.  Does anyone know the following:

1. How to change the login attempts from 10? (not that I want to, but would like to know where it’s configured
  2. Where in IFS can you see that the user locked themselves out of the MWO.  Is there a MWO profile, that would allow us to unlock their MWO account?
    1. Currently, I’m resetting their IFS Password, requesting they change the password in IFS first, then use their updated password to get back into the MWO. Is this the right direction?
  3. Does the lockout unlock itself after x number of hours (overnight?) I will test for this, but if anyone knows..

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Thilina Gurugamage 3 March 2022, 01:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Hayley,

You can change the value for Failed_Login_Attempts from the the Oracle Profile window, found in Solution Manager / Security / Oracle Users folder.

You can see the Account Status from the “Oracle User Management” screen (found in Solution Manager / Security / Oracle Users). You can unlock the user from back-office as you do now.

There is a “Password_Lock_Time” parameter in the previously state Oracle Profile window where you can specify  the number of days an account will be locked after the specified number of consecutive failed login attempts.

You can set the Oracle Profile used by a particular Oracle user using the “Oracle User Management” screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thank you Thilina,

We do have a profile set for Failed Login Attempts at 10, yes.  Another question I should have included: Why when the user on the MWO gets locked out - does IFS still show an OPEN status. Will it show that way for 1 day, because the profile Lock Time is 1? What if anything can be done to show the locked status in both IFS and MWO to match?

It’s confusing to have the user state he/she is locked, when IFS is showing Open status.

Found the password lock time, thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Hayley,

If the user is locked, the Account Status should be updated as Locked in the Oracle User Management screen (Solution Manager / Security / Oracle Users). This value will be updated based on the current status of the Oracle User.

Best regards,

/Thilina

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks Thilina.  I have never seen the Oracle Users status move to Locked if the MWO is locked.  I tested it with my test account, and saw it locked in the MWO, but not in IFS status. Unsure if there is a delay. I will continue to review.  Thank you for the information.