Solved

Is 22R1 tool check-out/in functionality available from MWO App ?

• 9 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

In IFS Cloud 22R1, the tool check-out/in functionality was introduced in Asset Management, with the possibility to do self check-out/in for technician.

I could only find how to perform this from IFS Cloud and not from MWO App.

is this functionality available on MWO app in some way ?

If not is it planned for it to be added ?

For the customer I am working for, technicians will only have access to IFS through MWO App with LTU licenses. This tool check out / check in process was something of interest. But if it is only available from back office and not from MWO app, they will not be able to use it.

Kind regards

Lénaïc

icon

Best answer by anmise 9 February 2023, 09:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

No, it’s currently not available in mobile. We are looking at adding it in coming releases, but not sure if that will be 23R2 or 24R1 at this point.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Same question could be raised for Scan it when it is the storeroom clerk that does it. Any plan ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We are currently proposing this to a customer using Mobile Integration.  That may be an an option for your scenario.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @fishema 

Nice idea, thanks for sharing

But I believe that the mobile integration will require:

1. for the mobile to be connected to the network
  2. for the user to have a full access license and not only the MWO LTU license

Could you confirm these 2 facts ?

Kind regards,

Lénaïc

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi LenaicDAVID,

Yes, mobile integration requires connectivity, if that is a requirement then this would not work.  You will also need full access licenses as well. I am told that should not be an issue as they are still building out the mobile functionality.  Apparently, there is some flexibility with the licenses.  We are still at the prototype stage so if things change, I’ll keep you posted.

Matt  

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Same question could be raised for Scan it when it is the storeroom clerk that does it. Any plan ?

@anmise Could you help me with what’s going on with Scan it on check-out/check-in tools ?

Userlevel 7

@anmise Could you help me with what’s going on with Scan it on check-out/check-in tools ?

No insight into this, I’ll have to defer this to @stpese