Question

IFS Cloud - Business Process Automation for MWO Service

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +12

Hi,

Can we create BPA’s for IFS Cloud MWO Service to update fields based on Task information or Assignment information changes? If yes, is there any working example or reference material?

Also, the “IFS Failure Event” for creating validation BPA is unavailable. Can you please mention an alternative?

Thanks

5 replies

Hi,

Thank-you for your interest in using a workflow to customize your process. Unfortunately, MWO only supports Asynchronous workflows at this time. As a result, you are unable to perform validation or user tasks because the initial request will have already been committed to the database when the asynchronous Workflow is executed.

There are not any alternatives using Workflows in MWO, however classic customization and configuration tools making use of SQL are available in these cases.

Badge +12

Hi @dazwca,

Thank you for your response.

1. Can we use Process Enrichment BPA in this case in MWO?
  2. Can you please explain in detail about the configuration tools using SQL? Do we have any documents for reference?

BPA isn’t really supported for any of the mobile solutions because the of the mobile solution architecture when Workflows were built. You can use Asynchronous Event based Workflows (Process Enrichment).

Configuration using SQL is basically the old SQL Events. There aren’t many details in the docs below, but it basically generates a database trigger with the code provided.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/010_config_best_practice/#what_are_custom_events

Authoring a SQL event without database access can be challenging because it’s helpful to see the code structures (the API explorer doesn’t help much here). Depending on your deployment model, getting access might be a challenge.

Badge +12

Hi @dazwca,

Thank you for the response. I will check the above details.

Can you please let me know how we can configure Validation through BPA for IFS Cloud Client application? As per the Academy video and training material, we are asked to use the “IFS Failure Event” option in BPA but I do not see the option in my environment in 22R1. Am I missing something or is there an alternative?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

“IFS Failure Event”s are used to signal that an error condition has been meet, the transaction should be rolled back and a user message explaining the validation error displayed to the user. 

The word “Event” is a bit confusing in this instance because it’s not refering to an IFS Event, but rather a specialization of a BPMN End Event.

Docs can be found here: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/500_business_process_automation/050_business_process_modeling/040_ifs_failure_event/