Question

IFS Apps 10 Account Manager User registered with the application, problem logging in after a while.

• 13 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
IFS Apps 10 Account Manager The registered user cannot enter the application after a while, the connection is established when I delete the user information from the program and re-enter it. I log into IFS Notify Me 10 application with the user information in the Account Manager. What could be the reason the user could not connect after a while? When I remove and re-enter user information in the Account Manager application, I am not having any problems. After a while I can't connect again and I have to do this process constantly, can you help?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Were you able to resolve this issue? Do you’ll use ADFS authentication? As I’ve seen a similar issue at another customer where they use ADFS authentication and the system forces you to re-login with Account Manager.

Userlevel 7
IFS Apps 10 Account Manager The registered user cannot enter the application after a while, the connection is established when I delete the user information from the program and re-enter it. I log into IFS Notify Me 10 application with the user information in the Account Manager. What could be the reason the user could not connect after a while? When I remove and re-enter user information in the Account Manager application, I am not having any problems. After a while I can't connect again and I have to do this process constantly, can you help?

In Account Manager you ‘refresh’ the account by clicking and holding (at least on Android) on the account name. I assume you’ve set a pretty short time out if you get this constantly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @anmise,

My name is Alexandre from IFS Brazil.

I customer of mine is having the same problem described above, where I can improve the time of refreshing application?

Thanks in advance,

BR/

Alexandre Bicalho.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

You can refresh the credentials from the app itself as @anmise have pointed out.
Also, there’s another way we can extended the logged in period. Increasing this will not increase CPU usage, this will only have the user logged in for a longer period.

As per RnD, this timeout is based on the refresh token life time. This can be configured in the MWS.

However, changing this will affect all the applications. (Eg: Both Enterprise Explorer and mobile applications timeout.)

If the customer is okay with that, they can increase the refresh token life time.

Please refer to this documentation on the steps to set the token life-time.

https://<server>:<port>/f1docs/apps10/Foundation1/040_administration/210_security/015_authentication/040_configure_DBIDP/default.htm#Configure_behaviour_through_startup_paramters

Note: For <server>:<port>, use the server and port of the IFS Home page

You can add startup parameters from the following path in the MWS Admin Console.

MWS Admin-Console --> Common --> Admin Server

On the "Admin Server" node you'd find a section to input arguments under the section 'Server Startup'. You can add startup parameters as given in the example in the documentation.

Best regards,
Pubudu

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Pubudu Dharmarathne ,

Many thanks.

Worked very well.

BR/