Question

How to change Service Contract Line Invoice Type from Invoice plan to anything else

• 13 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

When a Service Contract Line has an Invoice Type = Invoice Plan and Periodic Pricing has been entered there seems no way to undo this. Changing the Invoice Type is not allowed due to the Periodic Prices and Periodic Prices can not be removed although there is a RMB "Delete” (which does not delete the line). So, how can I change the Invoice Type? IFS Applications 10 UPD7.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

i think you have to trick the dates.  Try to put the end date before the start date so that there’s nothing in the Invoice Plan.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Which date do you mean exactly? System does not allow me to change the Periodic Prices "Valid To” date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

sorry - i mean the  Expiry date of the service line

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

At first system wants  to close the Service Line:

I dont’want that, but let's try. Then it tells me:

Then I tried Expiry Date = Date From

Hmm, seems to be a Catch22 in multiple ways

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

yeah i just tried it too. it isn’t perfect.  But it will let you delete the service line and start again, as long as it isn’t connected to anything.

It is a lot more difficult if it is connected to work orders and especially invoices.  If you can break any connections to work orders and pm lines, then you should be able to delete the service line, and then recreate it.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

“it isn’t perfect”:joy: You might think you're British, but you are from USA. I am Dutch and I'd say "it sucks”. I can just ruin my Service Contract (when I choose the Invoice Plan option) and not be able to correct it. Well, I guess I'll have to create a Case. Thanks for the quick replies :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

i’ll add another avatar with the stars and stripes and switch to that when I’m in charming mode :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: