Question

Fsm Sync rule not present for part_usage_serial

• 14 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi All,

I checked in sync rule and FSM sync rule but I didn’t get any code for part_usage_serial sync rule.

Is it a issue or what I am really confused.

Can anyone help me on this? 

Thanks & Regards,

Rajat

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @TatRajatM ,

The above observation can be seen in the core environment with UPD13. As per my understanding, the  part_usage_serial table contains three fields namely PU_ID, SERIAL_ID and LOT_ID. When we check the relation definitions of part_usage_serial in FSM metatadata. It can be seen the PU_ID is linked with the part_usage table, and the other 2 column comes from the stock_serial_id table. So the data in that table ( part_usage_serial ) will be gone to the mobile device through the sync rules of part_usage and stock_serial_id.  Due to this aspect the part_usage_serial sync rule does not have any value in the query section. I am not sure whether the explanation is the exact answer for the sync rule observation but the data of this table will be passed to the mobile device. 

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Atheeq,

Thanks for your response. 

Here the problem is there is no link between part usage and stock serial id. 

When I am trying to fetch the serial id from the part usage serial I am getting no serial id which is creating problem. Can you suggest how to fetch a serial id which is already used on part usage table.

Part usage and part usage serial having pu_id as common which is not present in stock serial id.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @TatRajatM,

If you want the part_usage_serial mobile table to contain the data. You can write a custom sync rule which fetches the data from the DB and makes it available in the mobile DB. Following is a sample hierarchy select which fetches all the records, you can modify the query as per your requirement.  

<hierarchy_select max_rows="50000">
  <primary_table>part_usage_serial</primary_table>
  <attrs>
    <attr>part_usage_serial.*</attr>
  </attrs>
  <from>
    <table>part_usage_serial</table>
  </from>
  <where />
</hierarchy_select>

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Atheeq Maharoof 

Thanks for your response.

Your suggestion is fine and I can write the custom sync rule. But it should be the out of box feature in FSM. It was already there earlier and now only I can’t see this. Is this a bug from FSM side?

Could you please suggest? Can we raise a ticket on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @TatRajatM ,

As per my understanding, not having any query values in part_usage_serial cannot be treated as a bug. These changes could have been done to improve the performance of the application or to reduce the data duplication in the mobile DB. If an already existing functionality (like assigned task reaching the technicians mobile device)  cannot be performed in the latest versions then you can consider it as a bug and raise a ticket by including the test plan and other required details.

It should be noted that the sync rules are used to extract data from the tables and in the baseline functionality if some tables in the mobile DB does not need to contain the data, then the query codes of those tables’ FSM sync rule should be made empty. In order to modify the data extraction process, custom sync rules can be written. 

Following are some of the other FSM sync rules which does not have the query codes. 

• CONTRACT
  • CONTR_TYPE
  • TIME_CLOCK_EVENT
  • TIME_CLOCK_RULE

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
Atheeq