Question

email service report from mWO on Android devices

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

A simple question regarding possibility to send service report from tablet or smartphone. If you are on iPad for example, the service report can be saved in Files. 

Our customer is using it to further send the report to it’s customer (there are times, signatures, etc. on the report) so it’s a document confirming that all job has been done on site. 

However, on Android devices the report opens in default browser, where you can share it, but not save.

When you try to send the report using gmail or outlook it only attaches the name of the link, not the file itself.

The workaround is to print the report to a pdf file, save it to download folder and then attach in email app.

But maybe someone knows the easier way to save the html directly on device like on iPad? Maybe another browser or third party app?

Best regards,

Hubert

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@HubertZ I believe this is related to how the browser shares the report content with the email app. Can I know what browser you’re using? and would you be able to install an additional browser (e.g.: Chrome, Firefox etc.), set that as default and try again please?

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Rukmal Fernando 

The browser from the second screenshot is the Chrome browser - latest version for Android. But it shares only a link. I’ve tried to change a default browser on smartphone but seems like the report still opens in Chrome, not the default browser.

Best regards,

Hubert

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @HubertZ 

Fwiw on iphone you can email as a PDF attachment via the following steps.  I don’t have an android device but maybe you can do something similar?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @paul harland 

It seems like it’s only iphone feature, on Android I can print to pdf and have to save it and then attach to an email. Customer is using this workaround, but it may vary depending in which browser does the report open. I’m using Chrome, maybe when you set another browser as a default (or uninstall Chrome) it may change.

Best regards,

Hubert