Question

Dispatch console-drag & drop of task-how calendar works

• 19 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi

How can I apply calendar in dispatch screen? I setup a calendar that has 12 hrs per working day from 6 am to 6 pm, so if task duration is 15 hrs, I expect it to go over 2 days but when I drag & drop the task against the resource in dispatch console, it shows only 1 day (considering 24 hrs of work). The resource is tied with that calendar.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I recently tried this with a resource that had shift patterns and the allocation end was correctly calculated. However, in your screenshot I don’t see any shifts for Michael Henry. Can you generate them (Service Resource Details>Generate Schedules and Capacity) and try again?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

HI

I had used a work calendar for this person (works daily for 12 hrs) that shows up in DC like below (similar to what we see in shifts) but when I drag & drop the task, it counts 24 hrs as per the task duration NOT 12 hrs.

But to your ask, I generated shift also (12 hrs shift for 14 days, then no work for another 14 days & same cycle repeats)

Still, when I drag & drop the task, it does not count 12 hrs , but considers 24 hrs. I want end date to be calculated based on 12 hr.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Tried the same with a HR schedule. Shift duration is 9 hours, task is 24 hours. Result: 9+9+6, correct allocation. Using 23.1.1.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Is the HR schedule visible here? Want to make sure I am on the right screen.

When I used DC for this (task duration 20 hrs), it considers 24 hrs. I am using 22.2.8 & simple drag & drop on DC.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

On your 2nd screenshot, can you show the Shifts tab?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Yesterday, while testing something, I applied shifts of 12 hrs too, so not sure if HR schedule will work or shift will override that

whatever the case is, DC considers 24 hrs in simple drag & drop

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi!

For me it sounds that you are using different task/activity settings to get the different results! in Anushas scenario, the “Allow Multiple Visit” is not activated, while when Alexander is running, he has the “Allow Multiple Visit” activated on the task.

Besides that, Alexanders single bar from allocated start to allocated finish will be split into split assignment slots matching the availability asap the allocation is accepted of the technician in the assignment tab…

Regards,

//Janne

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

hi Janne/anmise

thanks, it solved my problem, I setup multiple visits in the task & it considered the shift while drag & drop. Just 1 thing even if want to use shifts, we need to setup calendar or HR schedule for that, why? If I setup calendar & shift, will the shift be considered or calendar?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You always need to generate shifts (using the button or a database job), but the shift generation can use calendar, HR Schedule, or Shift Pattern.