Question

Configured Work Task Workflow type

• 7 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

We currently have approximately 90 different workflow configurations intended to drive different eforms being presented to technicians based on specific criteria.  All of these workfows are “Work Task” configuration type.  This is currently working as intended.  However, we have come up with certain scenarios that require some items be mandatory that cannot be properly made mandatory utilizing current system capabilities.

We are therefore looking to experiment with the Workflow Type of “Configured Work Task”.  But I seem to be having an issue getting these to trigger inside of mWO.  I have mirrored one of the workflows that we currently have as far as the filters and sites are concerned, then disabled any of our workflows that may overwrite this one.

But for some reason, the system would rather choose no workfow config at all rather than choose my Configured one.  Is there something I am missing somewhere?  I cannot seem to find any real documentation on how to properly utilize this feature.  I found one page in the documentation that mentions that it exists and a couple of things it can do, but nothing on how to properly put it into effect.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Please see if below documents help you.

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/DefineMaintenanceBasics/AboutWorkFlowConfiguration.htm?StandAlone=true

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/DefineMaintenanceBasics/AboutMaintenanceSurveys.htm?StandAlone=true

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +4

I appreciate the response.  I had already found those articles, and while helpful, they do not seem to be offering the assistance I need to get the configuration to trigger inside of mWO.  Please see below screenshot.  I removed all other conflicting workflows, but still mWO would rather not pull any workflow as opposed to choosing my configured workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I see you've added quite a lot of filters (which makes sense if you have 90 different workflows), that could make it a bit tricky to apply the correct workflow. Maybe it is worth deleting some filters to test if you are able to see the workflow getting applied? Also remember that you will need to initialize the mobile app to see the updated workflows. 

As far as I know there isn't any difference between how workflows are applied between Configured Work Task and Work Task workflows.

Badge +4

The parameters listed on this one are actually fairly minimal compared to all the rest of them.  But for testing purposes, I went ahead and removed more of them, but still cannot get it to work.  All details listed in the filter are specifically targeted at my test work task, but it is still choosing to not pull a workflow configuration at all instead of choosing this one.

On the mWO screenshot, you are not able to see the equipment information, but it does match perfectly, and everything is being done within site 700. I have also setup the “Sites” tab properly to be accessible across all of site 700.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Cannot see the Objects details in MWO but I believe the object you have on the work task is from site 700 and having the object type GENERATORS connected to it. 

There is no difference between how the work flow is applied when it comes to Work Task type and Configured Work Task type. However do you get the workflow applied in MWO if you change the configuration type to “Work Task” with exactly the same set of filters?

If problem continues, please report a support ticket to do further investigations on this. 

Badge +4

I did what you suggested and ONLY changed the Configuration type to Work Task, re-initialized, and the exact same work order that was not pulling any workflow config, is now pulling this one.  So you are suggesting that this is a bug and should be reported?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Could be a bug. Please report a support ticket to do further investigations. 

Thanks

Sampath