Question

Component scrap in project deliverable structure

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

• Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a project deliverable structure where : 

• The parent part will be manufactured with a shop order connected to the project,
  • The components will be supplied with MRP.

To be clear, the components come from the project deliverable structure, they are not coming from a manufacturing product structure.

--> How can I take into account a scrap factor for the components? meaning every time they are used on a project deliverable shop order, we will have a % of loss?

Thanks for your help,

Caroline

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

That's odd indeed, maybe report a bug for this. 

In the PMRP it does.

Thanks for your reply Marten.
The inventory part scrap factor information isn't read by MRP when the demand comes from a project deliverable structure - which seems to me as a missing functionality.
So that confirms that there’s no standard way of having that scrap factor separated from the required qty : the planned scrap needs to be included in the ‘required qty’ on the project deliverable components.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Typically you store this on the inventory part, so upon order you order an additional X-%. 

Making it part of you structure basically removes the possibility to analyze the actual scrap percentages (since you loose the Net Eng Qty). You could make a custom field calculating the amount of scrap but that would be around it.