Question

Shop Order Materials tab Configuration Id

• 9 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When adding a new component to the Shop Order Materials tab how is the Configuration Id populated/updated.  Can anyone advise which call is made to populate this field when adding a new line.  

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I don’t think it is possible for that field on that tab to be anything other than Not Configured.  If I attempt to add a configured item as a Shop Order Material, this error is received:

I’ve not been able to create an instance where a configured item is a material component to another parent item.

I also can’t add it to a product structure, similar error

It may be that the table and view are configured to have the information visible (mine always show Not Configured and * on the Shop Order Material tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ShawnBerk Thank you for your reply:  

It is this field:  

This field is needed to be able to get hold of the Inventory Part Cost from the Inventory Part > Costs tab.

Basically, a shop order is created for a manufactured part and the components are added as per the Product Structure.  One of the components may not be in stock e.g. a Sheet that is 10 x 8.  What the user is doing is deleting the line and replacing it with a 10 x 9 or 10 x 10 Sheet which is then cut down to the required size. 

The manager wants any items that appear in the product structure that have been deleted to be included in the Efficiency report along with what would have been the cost. 

Thanking you once again.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Configurable and Configuration ID go hand in hand, so in my example, any non-configured part added is always going to be *.  So for your example of retrieving the cost, you can just assume the Configuration ID will always be equal to * and you wouldn’t need to retrieve or guess what it is for materials.  The table you are retrieving from must be the Inventory Part Config > Inventory Part Unit Cost, so your answer will always be * I would think.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I assume you are adding non-configured parts. So no need to worry about the Configuration Id. It will always the *. 

The newly added material cost will consider in Shop Order Estimate cost calculation and will take into account when report Shop Order material. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi,

Technically speaking, the configuration ID is defaulted to “*” when the “New’ button is hit, in Shop Order Materials tab. Further,  its not possible to add a component part with a configuration manually into Shop Order Materials tab, above error message is raised.

Further, when populating  the Shop Order materials tab, data is fetched from the view “SHOP_MATERIAL_ALLOC_UIV” ( from table SHOP_MATERIAL_ALLOC_TAB.configuration_id).

If you could explain your requirement a bit more, we’ll be able to assist you in a better way.

/Shardha

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @johnw66 ,

Are you using the CTO (Configurable parts) within the system ? If not, you no need to worry about the configuration ID when fetching the Inventory Cost for a part. You can pass the query putting the configuration_ID as “*”. Non-configurable parts always get the configuration_ID as “*”.

Thanks,