Question

Saved Search - sorting on the fields

• 29 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I created a saved search but I want to sort the fields. Is-it possible ?

I noticed that there was a # next to each field  ...I tried to use it with numbers (1,2 ….) but it doesn’t works.

Does anyone knows how I can sort fields in a saved search ?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nicolas_21 ,

Once you provide a sorting criteria (Ascending/ Descending), usually the sort order is set as well for those fields, which you can then adjust.

Is this what you are referring to?

Badge +2

Hi Pradeed,

no, I was referring to the order of the fields and not to the sort. I misspoke, sorry !

Is there a function allowing certain fields to be placed first in the list?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

If you mean for the results, the order of the columns on your overview screen determines how the results are displayed.

If you mean the order of the fields on the advanced search tab of the search dialog, no, you can’t set the order of them, they will always return to the default order.  If you have values in a saved search, you can click on the Condition header for that column and all of the fields with values will jump to the top.  That is as good as it gets.  It won’t stay there however.

If you want the fields arranged a certain way on a saved search, your only choice really is to use the Standard search and the Configure button to arrange the order of the fields.