Question

Receiving Production Schedule Line by WADACO

• 26 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi IFS Community,

does anyone have experience of creating a new WADACO process to receive Production Schedule Line?

If possible, could you briefly share your experience with the implementation or configuration of the Cloud?

Alternatively, if this is not possible for some reason, then another way to receive PS using a scanner?

Big thanks, David

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you use Kanban you can report production schedule receipt by scanning the Kanban card from Kanban Report Production Receipt. This will receive the quantity as defined per Kanban card.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Björn Hultgren , thank you for your answer! Is there any pre-prepared WADACO process to receive Kanban, or does it need to be configured? I only found the “KANBAN_REPLENISHMENT_REQUEST”. Is it always necessary to receive only the predefined amount of Kanban, or am I able to change it during the receipt? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any predefined WaDaCo process for production schedule receipt through Kanban. And when Kanban is used you can only receive the quantity defined for a Kanban card.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,
an alterative method you can utilize is the Premium MES integration APIs in Production Schedule Connector to receive Production Schedule Lines. 

Image from API explorer

The Report Quantity API can be used to receive a qty. There are also APIs to fetch Production Schedule Line information if you want to validate or get the data. Hooking up a local middleware solution like NodeRed between your scanner and IFS cloud could give you a lot of options here. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,
an alterative method you can utilize is the Premium MES integration APIs in Production Schedule Connector to receive Production Schedule Lines. 

Image from API explorer

The Report Quantity API can be used to receive a qty. There are also APIs to fetch Production Schedule Line information if you want to validate or get the data. Hooking up a local middleware solution like NodeRed between your scanner and IFS cloud could give you a lot of options here. 

Hi Lukas, thank you for your time and sharing valid information!

I would like to allow the customer to receive quantities without the need to access the terminal, so the configuration of the new WADACO process, or the method you have described, is for more detailed consideration.

Appreciate your insights (and quick responses), colleagues! 😊