Question

Problems copying to cost set one

• 22 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi all.

I have calculated the cost set 12 for all inventory parts on a site and all was right. After that, I have copied all the inventory parts from cost set 12 to cost set 1. The job finished ok.

But, the result is that all the inventory parts have not been modified. I do not know why. But, if, manually, I copy the cost for an inventory part no copied in the previous process, I mean, RMB in Part Cost window, the cost is copied well.

Does anyone know why? Is the same process running from the menu for all inventory parts as the job running from Part Cost window

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

HI;

Can you send the screen shot of the settings that you have used to Copy costs to Cost Set 1 in the “Copy Costs to Cost Set 1” Dialog?

Badge +4

Hi.

The parameters are (IFS 9):

Control window...

And Part Cost Group (the customer uses the Part Cost Group functionality just to group inventory parts)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hope this is APPS9, we had issues with Not Consumed Subassemblies not getting costs copied, do you have not consumed Subassemblies/ parts in the Structures, also when part Cost Group is used make sure all the parts are included in the Copy.

Do you get correct results if you copy by clearing the Value for Part Cost Group?

Badge +4

Hi.

They don’t have Not Consumed subassemblies in the Structures.

We get correct results if we copy manually independently of the value of the Part Cost Group. In fact, we copied to Cost Set 1 all the no copied parts and the result was correct.

But my customer is afraid because if they make a mass copy they do not know if all the parts were copied.

Do you sound familiar this kind of issue in IFS 9? Maybe a bug?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you enter a Part Cost Group, Parts belonging to that group and its components will not be copied, i think that's what has happened here. So make sure to have no Part Cost Group would be the way forward.

Badge +4

These parts had a Part Cost Group and we use that group as a filter in the pop-up to copy to Cost Set 1. That group does not have a templates as it is use just to group and use it as a filter.

I think that that is not the problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

No matter a template is connected to a Part Cost Group, when Part Cost Group is entered in the Copy Dialog, only the parts belonging to that group are copied to Cost Set 1, so the parts not belonging to the entered Group will not get copied to cost set 1.

Badge +4

The problem is that all the parts we checked belonged to the indicated Part Cost Group. So we continue with the problem.